Saturday 14 January 2012

A is For Active


Teddy’s Post!

Hi! I said I would post more often and I never did, did I? So I had an idea that would (hopefully) make me post more.




You probably heard of the April A-Z blog challenge thing, did you? I don’t feel like waiting ‘til April, so I’m gonna do it now. Maybe I won’t get to do it everyday. But I’m gonna keep doing it ‘til it is finished.  But whatever, I’m gonna start with A.


                      A is for Active

Yes, hamsters are very active. Did you know they could run up to 7 miles or more on their wheel in one night? (Now you know.)So it is important to have a wheel and a ball for your hamster. I didn’t have a wheel before I got the extension for Teddy’s cage, because there was no room for a wheel along with her other stuff. If I had put a wheel in her cage, there would be no free space there. That’s why I put her in her ball every day. Even if you have a wheel, (which I do now) you should always put the hamster in a ball at least twice a week, so s/he can get used to his/her surroundings. If possible, put him/her in the ball once every day. Only leave the hamster in the ball for a period of 15-20 minutes, but if you don’t have a wheel, or you are cleaning out the cage, 30 minutes is ok. Just be careful, because there is a lot of dangers in your house that could easily harm your hamster.

Always:  
·      Make sure the lid of the ball is secured tightly.You don’t want to find your hamster having a snooze under the sofa!
·      Close all front/back doors, as lots of hamsters have  been seen having a merry roll down the road!
·      Keep an eye on your hamster when s/he is in the ball.
·      Cheak for cracks before you put your hamster in the ball.

Never: 

·      Let a cat or dog near your hammy when s/he is in the ball.This could frighten your hamster and even lead to longterm stress or injury.
·      Put two hamsters in one ball.I’m actully not gonna bother to say how come, because it is just stupidity if you do.
·      Kick your hamster when s/he is in the ball.It could scare your hamster and also lead to longterm stress or injury.
·      Let the hamster ball near the stairs.Once, I had taken Teddy out of the cage and put her in the ball.The door was closed, and I was just cheaking my phone when I heard a loud noise coming from the landing.Teddy had somehow managed to push the door open and tumble down the stairs.Thank goodness she was fine but she was frightened and a little dizzy.
·      Let the hamster ball outside.
Ok, so that was a long post, and I hope this was helpful!Tonight,or tomorrow I’m gonna post about sutible bedding.So, thanks and bye for now!
Teddy 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, the A to Z Blogging Challenge! I'm trying it too, come April, but I'm still stuck on figuring out what to blog about on day X. Hamsters and X. I'll probably cave in and just post images of hamsters playing xylophones, but you never know...

    EDIT: Spelling screwup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Inkblots! Thanks so much for following or blog and commenting. It really means a lot(: Check out the post before this as we gave you a shout-out&a link to your blog!

      Delete
    2. Thanks a lot for the shoutout! :)
      By the way, my blog has a rodent recipe challenge going on, if you'd like to check it out! Thanks, again.

      Delete

We love to hear what you have to say!